Available job Vacancies
Job Term: Part Time
Closing Date: 27 March 2019 12:00pm
32hpw. Required from April 2019, job shares are welcome to apply.
We are seeking to appoint a Grade 3 Teaching Assistant within the SSC.
In our most recent Ofsted report, (December 2017), it stated:
'Pupils in the school's specialist support centre are supported very well and make excellent progress.'
'Pupils in the specialist support centre have provision that clearly identifies their needs and ensures their individual progress.'
'Pupils in the unit arrive with low levels of attainment. They make excellent progress within a year of joining the school. Progress in speaking and listening and in social and emotional development are particularly strong.'
- have knowledge and experience of SEND, including autism, communication difficulties and global developmental delay, the ability to use Makaton signing is desirable
- be able to work as part of a team, with a range of stakeholders
- be flexible, enthusiastic, skilled and committed to working with children with SEN demonstrating kindness and patience
- have a proven ability to skilfully change unwanted pupil behaviours
- have GCSE grades A-C in English and maths or equivalent
- have considerable expertise or specialism in assisting the progress of children with Special Educational Needs.
Qualifications or experience in Forest Schools, training in Elklan, attachment theory, first aid, Thrive or nurture are desirable.
Visits to the school and SSC are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs. Elizabeth Leonard on (01473) 623790 to arrange a visit.